Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Seize the day

Today's the day to finally do it. Do whatever. I've been putting off the inevitable for years. Now just go ahead and "do it". whatever it is you want to do. One of my favorites, Erich Fromm says it so eloquently: "Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties." So that simply means to me that I must allow the uncertainties to filter in and not allow them to block my creativity as it so often has done in the past. It means certain insecurity. It requires risk. It also requires from me a certain amount of courage, and the ability to not give in to certain vices, such as laziness, apathy or the like. I will set short term goals for myself which will help in the long run.  Everything that happens to us happens for a reason. Something must be learned from every experience we encounter, good or bad. My quality of living is a conscious choice which is not shaped by any outside force, but by inner forces which strive to come out in everything that I do and endeavor to do. that is why the "doing" is so important. Now is the time to get on to the most important thing in life : the act of living and for me, creating. So seize the day , (or the night), as I sometimes do, and see what comes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment